Effective Date: December 15th, 2019
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Ability Tech LLC and our website; https://www.abilitytech.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website, except where stated otherwise. It will notify you of the following:
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contacts from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt-out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on our website:
To use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we'll use this information to contact you.
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any person.
We use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
We partner with another party to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except to provide these services.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and securely transmitted to us. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g. billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time, our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about the Personally-Identifying Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of the Personally-Identifying Information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared Personally-Identifying Information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to Ability Tech LLC at the address provided.
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, the Website currently does not respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
Notification of Changes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY IF YOU ARE NOT EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND CURRENTLY RESIDING IN ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PER HOUSEHOLD. ENTRIES VALID DURING PERIOD OUTLINED IN GIVE AWAY ARTICLE ON THIS WEBSITE.
1. Giveaway Summary: Entry into this Giveaway begins on January 1st, 2020 at 00:00:00 and ends on January 31st, 2020 at 23:59:59 Central Standard Time. Any entries received before or after the giveaway period will not be considered. To enter, register at https://www.abilitytech.org and provide your name and valid email address and/or phone number. By entering into the giveaway, you consent to permit Ability Tech LLC to contact you in the event you win. No purchase necessary and purchase anywhere will not, in any way, increase the chances of winning. One entry per person, per family, per giveaway. Winner will be chosen on a first come first serve basis by the date specified within the contest rules posted in the article. Entry in this giveaway does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in this Giveaway, each entrant unconditionally agrees to comply with these official rules.
3. Drawing: Entry into this Giveaway begins and ends on the dates specified within the giveaway article on the Ability Tech LLC Toy Modification Giveaway Website. Any entries received before or after the giveaway period will not be considered. To enter, one must register at https://www.abilitytech.org and provide your name and valid email address and/or phone number. Winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries as a first come first serve basis. Ability Tech LLC will announce the winner(s) on its Facebook page and will contact the winner(s) via email/phone. If a dispute arises over a prize, the winner is the person to whom the email account is registered. If potential winner declines prize or fails to respond to three efforts to contact him or her, one of which may be by phone, winner forfeits their rights to the prize and Ability Tech LLC may select another winner.
4. Prizes: The Giveaway prize will consist of items specified within the giveaway article. The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
5. Conditions of Participation: Each prize winner is responsible for any federal, state and local taxes, along with any other fees or expenses, associated with any prize he or she wins. Accepting a prize constitutes winner’s consents to the use of their name, city, and state for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation or notice, to the extent such use is permitted by law.
6. Eligibility: To be eligible to win giveaway prize, the entrant must submit a completed entry form at https://www.abilitytech.org before the giveaway end date specified within the giveaway article details. An entrant is not eligible to win if he or she is under 18 years of age or not a legal resident of and currently rising in one of the 50 U.S. states or the District of Columbia. Voids where prohibited. No purchase necessary to enter or win. One entry per giveaway: if you enter more than once, you may be excluded from the giveaway. Odds of winning depend on the total numbers of entries. Ability Tech LLC is not responsible for problems encountered with computer systems, equipment, failure of email, or problems with the internet or entrant’s internet connection.
7. Disputes/Governing Law/Jurisdiction: Any dispute arising out of this giveaway shall be governed by the laws of the state of Iowa, without reference to its choice of law rules. By participating in this giveaway, all participants submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the state of Iowa for resolution of any disputes arising hereunder.
8. Winner Information: Winner will be notified by email to the email address provided and/or phone number.
9. Sponsor: Ability Tech LLC is the sponsor of this giveaway and it is no way associated with any brands listed in the giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media outlet. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of Ability Tech LLC and no other entity.
10. Release: By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify (i) Ability Tech LLC, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, and advertising and promotion agencies of each from and against any claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, concerning or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Giveaway, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).